In A Funk January 28, 2011Posted by Mitchell in Bad Times Ahead, Politics.
Sorry for the absence lately. I get into these moods from time to time where I just don’t feel like doing anything. Today I checked out a site that not only hasn’t helped my mood, but has me very, very concerned. And it should have you very, very concerned as well: Stansberry Research. It’s a lengthy article about the true state of the U.S. economy and where they think we’re headed.
You should read the whole thing, or even check out the video version here. The thumbnail version is that they’re predicting the end of the U.S. dollar as the world’s reserve currency, and that will trigger a number of VERY bad things for us in this country. What is motivating all this is the staggering load of debt the U.S. is piling up and that this all going to come to a head much, MUCH sooner than most people expect. This year in fact. They’re also predicting that the U.S. will try devaluing it’s currency to try and deal with the debt and that and other re-actions will spell hyperinflation. Basically it’s The Great Depression II – The Hyperinflation Buggaloo. These predictions mirror many of my own darker thoughts on the situation. I’ve been trying to tell myself, “Oh it can’t really be as bad what I’ve been thinking, can it?”. And they are saying, “As bad as you thought? No, not at all. It’s really much worse than that!”
Just a couple days ago we found out that the Ponzi scheme that is Socialist Insecurity is now upside down and is paying out more than it takes in. You think our debt is bad now? Looking at the substance of Obama’s SOTU speech convinces me that: a)he doesn’t have a clue what’s going on, or even more frighteningly b)he knows EXACTLY what is going on he actually wants it to happen. I’m leaning towards option “b”. How about you? We’re in a bad situation folks, with very few good options. Yeah, the Republicans took the House, but I’m afraid that it’s far too little, far too late.
Personally, I’m signing up for the reports and newsletter at that site above and then start moving my savings out of dollars – probably mostly into silver. I’m also going to start stocking up on supplies and ammunition. Oh, and when everything gets all Road Warriory around here I have dibs on the title of “Ayatollah of Rock ‘n Rolla”.
Long Term Prank January 12, 2011Posted by Mitchell in Art.
I was browsing through some pictures on my computer and came across this old gem:
That took a while to fill in and you just know that the person who came up with this layout knew what it would look like.
(No politics around here for a while. I’m so pissed I can’t hardly see straight. Just insert an Eddie T. Bearitarianistic “Fuck you” rant.)
Happy New-ish Year! January 6, 2011Posted by Mitchell in Home.
Yes, ok 5 days late or whatever. Y’all should be used to this sort of thing by now.
So for the next couple weeks we get to look forward to writing the wrong year on checks and whatnot. That’s always fun.
Here’s something I would like to see getting phased out in the coming year- using the word “Douche” as the default insult of choice. And of course we need to get rid of all the variations thereof: douchy, douchbag, dbag, etc. I’ve never cared much for it and I think over the course of 2010 it really got overused. I don’t really have a suggestion for a replacement as I’m not very good at the insult game. I always liked “sphincter” but of course it had it’s own heyday in the 90’s so it’s a no-go. Put on your thinking caps people and come up with something better!
On the flip-side of douche was the habit of shoving a computer chip up the squeakhole of some product and calling it the “Smart” version of said product. Smart phones, smart cars, smart refrigerators, smart thisthatandeverything. Ok, can we all just acknowledge the fact that adding a computerized component to otherwise common product is no longer a new or remarkable thing anymore? We’ve been at this game for quite some time now and I think it’s time we stop making a special note of it. Right?
Yes, I still make these. No, I’m still not very good at keeping them, but I’m gonna do it anyway.
- Get back on the diet and exercise wagon. Of course most people make this one and the gyms get real crowded for the first few weeks. I dropped off the wagon sometime at the end of last summer and made a bit of a mess of things. I packed on a fair chunkage of the weight that I’d dropped so I have lost ground to make up. I started this week.
- Eat less, but eat better. Kind of a sub-resolution of #1. To that end:
- Grill more. I bought a spiffy grill last summer and I’ve hardly used it. But grilling means turning off WoW and going outside. I generally don’t do outside.
- Go outside more. I understand that there are actually interesting things to do that do not involve sitting in front of the TV and playing WoW. Supposedly some of these things are outside. I will investigate this concept.
- Play WoW less. In support of the previous resolutions I will have to find some time to do so. Short of creating some sort of time-compression device or switching to a 28-hour day cycle I can’t think of any other significant time resource from which to obtain more time.
- Save more / spend less. Yes, I didn’t do very well on this one last year. I really do have to be a lot better and I really don’t need more stuff. I need to better manage and enjoy the stuff I have.
- Read more books / less internet. I have many stacks of books awaiting my perusal. More like as not this will also eat into WoW time.
- Do more creative stuff: art, knitting & crochet, and whatnot. I really need to be more active in real world stuff. Poor WoW! I’m already signed up for Drawing II for Thursday nights so this is already in the works. I just got the pattern for my Mom’s shawl in the mail so I need to start practicing that too.
- Cultivate some sort of a semblance of a social life. I have none. I understand that some people are known to enjoy doing things with other people. I’m not entirely certain, but I strongly suspect that this will necessitate going outside.
- Update this blog and comment more at other sites. I’m really bad about this and I’ll definitely do better this year.
- Drink more tea. Drink better tea. I get pretty good stuff at Teavana but the stuff I got from Shang Tea as suggested by Nicole is definitely better. I need to place another order here pretty quick.
Well that’s it for tonight! Any resolutions y’all would like to share?