Been Busy June 20, 2013Posted by Mitchell in Bad Times Ahead, Destined for the Gulags, Home.
Here, take a look at this.
Obama Voters November 9, 2012Posted by Mitchell in Bad Times Ahead, Home, Movies, Politics.
I thought of the perfect analogy of the standard Obama voter this morning. Skip to the halfway point, the start time index thingy doesn’t work.
Just a bunch of seagulls demanding their free stuff.
So…There’s That November 7, 2012Posted by Mitchell in Bad Times Ahead, Destined for the Gulags, Politics.
Things are bad and now they are going to get worse. President Jarrett and her empty chair get to exact their revenge and rain hell-fire upon their enemies (ie the American People). Some things to look forward to:
- Oshithead gets all flexible with Putin and gives him our missile defense technology. Who will then share with his best buds: China, North Korea, Iran – and well, anybody else he feels could use it.
- We get to explore NEW, vast holes of debt!
- Amnesty for ALL the criminally trespassing illegal aliens! ¡Hola millions and millions of new dimocrap-voters! Be sure to sign up for food-stamps! Also, don’t bother learning the Inglés, we’ll just force our kids to learn the Español.
- Iran joins the nucular club! Shrillery Clinton will personally give Ahmadinejihad his member jacket and give him a grand tour of the clubhouse. Yay! New member! Welcome!
- Presdidn’t Jarrett gets to appoint at least two new Supreme Court Jesters who’s political leanings are somewhere to the left of Josef Stalin. They’ll be young ones too! Oh, we’ll get the benefit of their “wisdom” for DECADES to come!
- We’ll get to enjoy the economic stimulus of buying new printing presses every couple of months to keep up with The Bernanke’s money printing demands.
- It’s very likely that Mahmood won’t be able to resist playing with his nukes and he’ll prank-fully lob one over to Israel for the lols.
- Since Israel is run by a bunch of unreasonable poopyheads they’ll probably grossly overreact and start some silly war over it. Maybe more nucular exchanges! Won’t that be exciting! Everybody get out your popcorn, Dubya Dubya 3 – War Hard with a Vengeance promises to be a blast!
- Paul Krugman will helpfully explain why Dubya Dubya 3 will be so great for stimulating the world economy and why Oshithead was so brilliant in helping it come about.
- Nobel Prize committee gives Oshithead the Nobel Prize in Economics! What other country has a Leader From Behind with TWO Nobel prizes?? That’s right – NONE! We will all be so proud!
- Algore will explain to us how Nucular Winter is the PERFECT solution to Global Worming, and how Oshithead is a super-genius for coming up with such a clever plan.
- Lamestream media to GOP: “Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL DNC propaganda station!”
- Because of his policies, electricity prices will necessarily skyrocket.
- NASA gets back in the space business on the back of electric bill skyrockets!
- The EPA gets to explore vast, new regions of unrestrained regulatory power.
- The American People get to look forward to not having to worry about retirement planning; we’ll all work until we drop dead or one of Obamacare’s wonderful Death Panel decides we’re no longer useful.
- Finally, one day we’ll get tucked into our government-made hand-baskets (made from biodegradable, sustainable sources of course) and carried over the Bridge to The Future that was paved with liberals’ good intentions.
#SaveOurBalls August 2, 2012Posted by Mitchell in Bad Times Ahead, Destined for the Gulags, Home, Politics, Science & Technology, Zen Magnets.
Hopefully that title will convert to a twitter hashtag. If not it will be changed.
Recently the Consumer Product Safety Commission decided to shut down companies that make and distribute spherical magnets. This isn’t directed only the Big Guys like Buckyballs but also smaller outfits that I buy from like Zen Magnets. This is yet another trumped up “product safety” non-issue that out of control governmental agencies LOVE to meddle in. Why? For no other reason than that they can I guess. Or more likely a personal vendetta from someone with clout in the agency. Whatever the reason it is a real threat. Amazon, ThinkGeek and other retailers have already yanked these products. These companies aren’t really all that big. They will die before they ever manage any “appeal” process.
It’s tempting to attach this to the general anti-business practices of the Obama administration, but this specific instance isn’t really that. This is just the Standard General Leviathan Roll. These huge & largely arbitrary governmental standard bodies aren’t really accountable to anybody and they rule at whim regardless of who is supposedly “in charge”. Somebody goosed this particular mindless piece of million pound of federal flesh to move and it crushed. That’s what it does.
That’s not to say that “We” can’t “Do Something” (see recent developments re: Chik-Fil-A). Government agencies will pull back given enough public pressure, but only IF the public knows about it. So far few people know or care about this. It’s getting some notice here and there though, somebody from Buckyballs was on Rush’s show the other day as well as a link from Drudge. Hopefully we’ll get some steam going behind another push back.
Been Busy February 9, 2012Posted by Mitchell in Bad Times Ahead, Science & Technology, Strange & Unusual.
Apocalypse…Soon? December 9, 2011Posted by Mitchell in Bad Times Ahead.
I read this article last night with open-mouthed horror: Zero Hedge It’s lengthy, but well worth your time to read it all. But, thumbnail version: Eurozone financial institutions are far more heavily over-leveraged than is being generally reported. What’s worse is that many U.S. banks are dangerously exposed to it through their foreign subsidiaries set up in the U.K. Bank wipe-outs in Europe could wipe out our bank accounts too.
The Eurozone is going to collapse. I honestly don’t think there’s anything anybody can do to stop it. While I knew things were bad, I had no idea they were this bad.
Oh my God
We are going to have to learn how to live in a much more difficult, dangerous, and poorer world. Many of us will not be able to do so.
*Update* I got all my money out of Bank of America (which is straight up involved in all this through their Banc of America foreign subsidiary) a couple years ago because of my growing alarm with what they were doing and into a much smaller, local bank. Still, I have grave concerns because it’s impossible to tell who is exposed and who isn’t due to the interconnectedness of all these institutions. <-Check that link out. Be sure to scroll down! I’m going to start drawing down my savings account and leaving less in the checking account. It’s not like I’m earning any real interest on it and when the balloon goes up a lot of people are going to suddenly find themselves locked out of their accounts entirely or only able to withdraw little amounts per day. Protect yourselves. And buy real physical gold if you can, or silver if you can’t. I buy from the American Precious Metal Exchange.
At Least It’s Thursday November 10, 2011Posted by Mitchell in Bad Times Ahead, Home, Meh.
This week has kinda sucked. Batman put the beatdown on my xbox and it needs to be repaired. Or replaced. And I was this >< close to being on the verge of being almost finally maybe getting enough Riddler thingies to finish off the last side quest! GAH!! To get it repaired will require quite a bit of hassle & unknown expense. Hmmmmmm.
Today I noticed Arthur from Renaissance Art tweeted another story about unfortunate hunting accident where somebody died. It was the second in two days. I had to ask him about it.
Me: Big fan of these “Hunter dies” stories eh, Art?
Art: LOL…that is why I post them :)
Me: Yeah, it’s *funny* when people die. I’ve been giggling about this one for days: http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2011/11/man_found_dead_in_occupy_new_o.html See you around Art.
I no longer follow Art and I took the link to his site off my sidebar. Adjust your Christmas shopping as you see fit. Oh, and you might not have heard about this but last week Men’s Wearhouse decided to declare solidarity with the “Occupy X” “movement”. They even put up a sign in their Oakland storefront window declaring this support and even closed the store for the “General Strike”. The window got smashed anyway. I will no longer shop at Men’s Wearhouse.
Charlie Brown! September 8, 2011Posted by Mitchell in Art, Bad Times Ahead, Strange & Unusual.
Tags: Charlie Brown, Disturbing
Obama’s “Under The Radar” Gun Grab June 7, 2011Posted by Mitchell in Bad Times Ahead, Destined for the Gulags, Guns, Politics.
We were all wondering what this was, and now we know. If the Senate ratifies this then the decline and fall of the United States of America into a despotic hell-hole is all but assured.